PROTOCOL FOR TRAVEL TRIAGE AND TRAVEL VACCINATION APPTS
20th February 2020
- The patient presents with a travel assessment form
- The form is scanned onto the patient’s medical record
- A travel assessment form appointment is given to the patient, and with the patient’s knowledge that the assessment and any vaccinations to be given are at least 8 weeks in advance of travel
- It might also HELP if the date the patient is travelling is put on as a message under the tel appt to assist the nurses.
- The form/or message is then put in with our Nurses to assess whether any vaccinations are due, and they will TEXT the patient if they need any vaccinations or TEXT to say no vaccinations are due.
- Also if our Nurses could put in the TEXT, that if needed YELLOW FEVER, RABIES, JAPANESE ENCEP has to be sourced elsewhere at extra private cost to the patients.
- The patient will then ring for an available appointment primarily with our Nurses to have any vaccinations carried out
- PLEASE NOTE we are not a Yellow Fever Centre (nearest one is GSG Medical Centre) nor do we give Rabies or Japanese Encep vaccinations. Yellow Fever, Rabies and Japanese Encep are all private and will have to be sourced elsewhere.
- WE DO give prescriptions for MALARIA tablets but again this will be a private prescription charge (£20) and the medication will have to be paid for at the chemist.
- If the time period is less than 8 weeks, then they may have to source their vaccinations privately as we may not have an available appointment and also some vaccinations need to be administered minimum 2 weeks before travel to be effective.
I HOPE THE ABOVE WILL ASSIST IN INFORMING PATIENTS OF OUR TRAVEL VACCINATION POLICY AND WHAT WE CAN OFFER AND WHAT WE CANNOT.
PLEASE ENSURE PATIENTS ARE AWARE THAT THE LONGER TIME THEY GIVE US TO ASSESS AND THEN GIVE A TRAVEL VACCINATION APPT THE BETTER.